The decision to create a substance from mere imagination is amazing. Art is a creative and yet passionate work that brings to life what is imagined. Artists and photographers are among the most creative individuals because of their passion and ability to translate their minds into images.
Not to forget, every job needs a means of return for its promotion. Artists and photographers need to learn how to make enough money with their creativity.
Here are the top 10 earning secrets for artists and photographers:
1. Digitize your brand: Your brand is your work. As a photographer and an artist, the extent to which you can create your visibility can earn you more customers and bring in more profit. Take your brand to social media and showcase yourself as much as you can.
2. Sell to art websites: It will surprise you how many sites are looking forward to your work. It might take time, but you can earn enough profit by selling your work to an art website. Visit as many websites related to your work as possible and send them the offer to purchase your work.
3. Accept invites: There is no little occasion that you can ignore. Accept as many occasions as you can and give it your best till the end. Make sure you bargain well enough to make your money.
4. Have a blog/YouTube channel: This is another easy way to make a profit. Create a blog or YouTube channel with creative content and upload your work alongside. Your YouTube channel can be a platform for short videos where others learn the craft. You get paid quickly with the increase in the number of subscribers and viewers on your channel.
5. Teach art: Make yourself available for others to learn from you. You can do this online or offline. Ensure there is a price tag for each student and category of training they want to enroll for.
6. Sell your work: You can do this by trying different means. One of which is by selling the hard copy of your work to the client. You can also sell on your website.
7. Art exhibition: Be prepared to learn more even if you have achieved a lot of experience. Participating in an art exhibition opens your brand to more prospective clients. You can be fortunate enough to get paid instantly.
8. Art competition: Take part in art competitions and give your best in performing well. Most times, this competition comes with attractive prizes for the winner. In case you didn’t win, be sure to network with as many people as you can.
9. Shoot for weddings: Wedding shoots are highly profitable. Make your move to cover a wedding shoot and get paid for your excellent work.
10. Display on magazines: Get in touch with local magazines closest to you and offer to display your work as a freelance. They can pay you little at the beginning, but it sure will increase as time goes on.
Remember, progress takes time. Give yourself time to grow into making lots of money but do not stop practicing making more money.