Belly fat causes more harm than the low esteem it gives. It is only evident and usual that the only effect of belly fat is that it reduces the self-esteem and confidence of a person. Far more than that, belly fat is also called visceral fat, which might be associated with heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
If you are gaining weight in your stomach area, it may be because of a low protein diet or because you attain menopause, or as a result of stress. People tend to eat more under stress which causes belly fat surge.
You should avoid some kind of food totally to reduce belly fat.
You should know that not everyone has belly fat, but these foods are likely to cause belly fat for those prone to it. Living healthy begins with food intake based on quality and quantity. Although exercises work well in reducing body fat, your food intake is also essential.
Let's look at a list of foods you should avoid in order to reduce belly fat:
1. Sugar: Sugar, specifically refined sugars, can raise insulin levels in the body which can cause adverse effects leading to diseases such as type 2 diabetes.
2. French Fries: Although potatoes are healthy, french fries and potato chips are greasy foods. They are low in vitamins and minerals/fiber and high in sodium. This combination is not advisable for people who want to reduce belly fat because it increases insulin in the body rather than healthy vitamins and minerals.
3. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates such as bread, potatoes, and rice create insulin surges which reduce metabolism in the body. Reduced metabolic rate makes the body unable to break down food into various food components. Instead, they are stored as they are as fats.
4. Alcohol/Beer: Although alcohol is not a food, studies have shown that alcohol happens to be the most significant cause of belly fat, especially in men. People have this superstitious belief that belly fat in men is better than in women, which shows that he is living a good life. This belief is a fallacy, and you should reduce your alcohol consumption as it lowers metabolic rates due to its effect on the central nervous system. You should take your meals with water instead.
5. Meat: If you can't stop your meat consumption, ensure to reduce it drastically by a great extent. Fish is a better alternative to meat.
6. Pop Drinks: Carbonated drinks add excess weight to the body. Drinks produce fructose when broken down, which is not an easy sugar to digest. Not only do these drinks cause belly fat increase, but the artificial sweeteners used in their production also contribute to bad health.
7. Cakes, pastries, and cookies: The ingredients used in making all of these are unhealthy and contain artificial trans fats. If you crave cake, have a bite of dark chocolate cake instead.
If you think it is impossible to live without all of these, start by reducing the intake. Make this a gradual process before eventually avoiding it. Exercises and therapy sessions should be recommended if need be. Most importantly, see a dietician so as to ensure that you eat other nutritious meals and not starve yourself.